Withings Scale reading for Today

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Slow going

In the two weeks since the tornado disaster, I have not really concentrated on losing weight. I have been able to maintain even though there have been some huge weight gain opportunities and at least that is something.

For one thing, I met Lisha and her family in New Orleans for a weekend and had a blast. We ate at several restaurants. I ate (I think) responsibly and chose fish or chicken over beef or pork. I ate three meals a day and did not snack. I hade a glas or two of wine with the evening meals and had one Hurricane on the carriage rise we took around the French Quarter. I walked all over the place. I tried not to just let go because I was in NOLA and I think I came through well.

I have had Dominos plain wings once and went out to Lone Star with Robin, Diana and Winton to celebrate Robin's raise, Winton's making the Dean's list and Diana's upcoming retirement. I did have a big fat steak (prime rib) and that was quite satisfying.

I have only been able to get out the the Rec. Center to exercise about twice a week because of this that and the other coming up in the afternoons. I shall try to do better.

Diana and I may be starting with Weight Watchers soon. More on that later.

1 comment:

  1. With everything that's been going on, I think it's great that you've been maintaining. Keep it up, man!

    ReplyDelete